The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fedora 2 to Fedora 3 upgrade php conflict

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grayentropy, Jan 29, 2005.

1. grayentropy

grayentropy Member

Where attempting to upgrade to fedora 3 with yum (instructions linked below) I get a php 4.3.10 depedency conflict (php-mysql, etc). Looks as if fedora3 core comes with 4.3.9 and I have 4.3.10 on my server. What is the easiest way to resolve this conflict.

http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/misc/fc2-fc3-update-with-yum.txt

Thanks

2. Sinewy

Sinewy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I've done a FC2 > FC3 on a cPanel box before and it does seem to break a few things, that is probably why cPanel won't support it yet.

3. Blue|Fusion

Blue|Fusion Well-Known Member

This page is a little more detailed:
    http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/misc/fc1-fc2-yum-hints.txt

Obviously, just change the 2 to 3 where needed.

Anyway, you should be best off uninstalling the php RPM and any deps it has.

rpm -qa | grep php

Remove any RPMs needed, and chances are a few config files will be moved, but it will display that in a warning and youcan just move them back. You may also need to recompiule apache/php once done with easyapache.

As for how FC3 works with CP...I have minimal issues with it running on 2 of my boxes. Only thing I notices really, was it looking for a FC3 directory for some certain updates in upcp, which isn't there at cpanel's update mirrors. Instead it just grabs FC1 stuff (dunno why not FC2). either way, it still works well with everything else.