The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fedora Core 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Webbie05, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Webbie05

Webbie05 Member

Quick question, i tried to do a search but couldnt find it, was wondering is there an ETA on Fedora Core 3 that cpanel will support?

Thanx

2. Webbie05

Webbie05 Member

Hmm anyone? hehe reason im asking is because some reason i cant get Core 2 to install but core 3 will , so was wondering if there's an ETA. Thanx

3. BenThomas

BenThomas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    FC 3 support is not far off, but if you're having problems getting FC 2 to install, then you should resolve those issues before having any false sense of security just because FC 3 installed. In my experience FC 2 is rather forgiving, and I've only had problems getting it to install on systems with serious hardware issues.

BTW, it has been the standing policy of cPanel to never provide an ETA for our software or software support. Generally though, cPanel is actively developed with a quick release cycle.

4. Webbie05

Webbie05 Member

Alright Thanx, turns out that the kernel in FC2 doesnt like my MB so, but thanx for the info.

5. Radheya

Radheya Registered

If you have a P4 whith Hyperthreading you should try disable HT in bios..... After that you will install without issues. Then make a yum update and a yum install kernel-smp reboot and enable HT in bios.

Bye.