Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Fedora RPMs for RedHat 9 and below?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by denisdekat09, Jan 26, 2004.

1. denisdekat09

denisdekat09 Well-Known Member

Hello,

Am I reading this correctly? That rpm upgrade's for RedHat 9 and below will be basically made-for-fedora RPMs?

I am curious if anyone is using apt-get and freshrpms. I was planning on using it for kernel upgrades form here on out. Possibly RPMs also, depending on what I can find out about the Fedora releases.

It just seems silly to use Fedora RPMs when there will be RedHat ones. If any qishes to clarify me on this, I would appreciatte it :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Fedora Legacy ( www.fedoralegacy.org ) are releasing rpm updates ( security & bug fixes only ) for redhat 7.3 ( maybe even as low as 7.1, im not sure on this one ) to redhat 8. Since Redhat no longer supports these versions. Cpanel has already incorperated these updates into their system ( in the latest edge anyways ) so there is no need to install apt or yum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. denisdekat09

denisdekat09 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I did not know that about fedora.