The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few questions about clustering

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Starteck2002, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Starteck2002

Starteck2002 Member

I have decided to cluster my cpanel servers and will be setting up 2 dns servers but have a few questions:

1. I already have a cpanel server setup with my ns1 and ns2, can i setup the cluster/dns without any effect (i.e. downtime) on the existing cpanel server?

2. Can the cpanel DNS servers be used with anything else (i.e. our VPS's or DirectAdmin install?

Thanks,

Dave

2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Direct Admin

Few questions about clustering
    I have decided to cluster my cpanel servers and will be setting up 2 dns servers but have a few questions:

1. I already have a cpanel server setup with my ns1 and ns2, can i setup the cluster/dns without any effect (i.e. downtime) on the existing cpanel server?

You shouldn't if you are switching DNS and have a low TTLset.

2. Can the cpanel DNS servers be used with anything else (i.e. our VPS's or DirectAdmin install?

This may be possible, however it is untest, and not something we could support due to its nature. There also may be unseen consequences from such a switch. I hope this answers your question.

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry