The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

few questions about setting up SSL for WHM/shared

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wyatt12, Oct 27, 2003.

1. wyatt12

wyatt12 Member

Mar 19, 2002

I'm trying to setup shared SSL for my clients in form of..

I have ready many posts on this, and think I have a handle on this... but can't get the SSL working at all yet... so I first need help on getting SSL to work. I have done this manually many times before on freebsd machines.... yet using the nifty WHM, it does not work.

I bought a cert for the server name. So I figured I would just install using this command "Change cPanel/WHM Certificate"

I was able to generate a key, csr, and install the key just fine using this method. If I click on SSL Manger, all 3 appear.

However, after restarting apache, nothing happened, and there have been no changes to my httpd.conf..... AND there are no ssl hosts listed under "List SSL Hosts".

Do I have to run "Install an SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain" first to get to work? If so, what do I use as the username? root? Can I use same IP as what the rest of my virtuals use? Or do I need a new IP?

Any help would me much appreciated.

2. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

Apr 8, 2003
    Norfolk, VA
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Its been a while, but I think that I set it up as:

Install an SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain

As far as what user, I do not remember, but it would make sense to try it as root.

I know that when I list SSL hosts, my hostname shows up there.