The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

few questions configuring new dedi

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cchapoval, Jul 5, 2006.

1. cchapoval

cchapoval Member

I followed the setp by step from Serra in how to setup new dedi, but unfortunately I still have few quesitons for WHM:

1- under Server configuration > Initial Quota Setup > Enable Quotas (What should I do here?)

2- under Serivce Configuraiton > Nameserver Setup > Enable Nameserver (I assume that I should enable it, am I right? if yes, will enabling make new domains use their own nameservers?)

3- I "may" know the difference of SpamAssassin and SpamBox, but I don't want to block or delete any spam when going to any of my clients, I just want all the spam messages when delivery be marked as SPAM on the subject, is that possible? if yes, how should I configure it?

4- I read that we can $35 for the installation of mail scanning at http://www.configserver.com/cp/mailscanner.html, based on my question #3, should I request this option to be installed anyway?

5- Can anybody send me the ModSecurity rules from Serra?

This is all for now....i am very tired already, only 3 days with dedi, does it get better with time?!

Thanks!

2. thehostinghut

thehostinghut Well-Known Member

This most likley would have been done in the setup of cPanel.

Yes you would want to do this if you don't have anything else to handle nameservers.
    It won't make them use their own nameservers. They can use their own nameservers if they have the ip addresses that are being used for them.

Do the below it works well

Well worth the money.

Not sure what this is (Serra). But I would start by installing the ModSecurity that cPanel has in the addon scripts. At least it will be a start. You can add to it when you learn more or get a diferent rule set.

Tracy

3. cchapoval

cchapoval Member

Thanks Tracy, for the Enable Nameserver, I believe I should do it if I was a Reseller, but I am not... should I enable anyway, or it is not necessary...

4. thehostinghut

thehostinghut Well-Known Member

Yes I would. I do on all my servers.

Someone else may have better ideas.

You need it enabled to run nameservers if you don't have another source for nameservers.