The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few questions on o/s reinstall & WHM backups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlexF, Dec 30, 2004.

1. AlexF

AlexF Well-Known Member

It look's like one of my servers was hacked by the brazilian coders whereas the system would go into a super high load at bootup (beleive it was exim daemon on bounced msgs); can't SSH, nor receive login through console at the NOC.

Having that in mind, I will be reinstalling the O/S and WHM/cPanel but have a few questions (as I have never utilized the restore functions):

Does the WHM backup/restore only deal with user directories, mySql, etc. or does it hold all WHM/cPanel settings, DNS records, IP info, nameservers, etc. (I have done full backups on a daily bases).

If it does hold all information, would I only need to install the min. (to get WHM/cPanel online then run the restore)?

Anything else I should be planning on (with the exception of lots of coffee and time)??? Any other suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. Earendil

Earendil Well-Known Member

It should include everything, including settings.
    Mind this though: all restored user accounts will be set on the server's main shared IP... :(

3. AlexF

AlexF Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Earendil.