The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFMPEG – FLVTOOL2 – MP4Box Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inthukha, Aug 30, 2013.

1. inthukha

inthukha Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

One of my friend want to host his website on cPanel server. the website is for Videos. script requirement as following.

Requirements

PHP 5.2.x & MySql 5.x.x
    PHP with Background Processing and Exec Enabled
    GD Library For Captchas and Other Image Manuplation
    FFMPEG – FLVTOOL2 – MP4Box

Can any one please tell me is it possible to install "FFMPEG – FLVTOOL2 – MP4Box" via EasyApache ? so i can host the website ?

Please tell me step as well for centos 6.4

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please note that assistance with FFMPEG software application installations (including software that utilizes this software) and technical support for this piece of software are not available from cPanel. While FFMPEG software is distributed subject to GPL licenses, the use and installation of the software may also require patent licenses from third parties.

Because of the legal uncertainty relating to the FFMPEG software application, we are not able to assist in the installation or troubleshooting of FFMPEG.

This is not legal advice or a legal opinion. We are simply explaining that our participation in the installation/troubleshooting of this software is not available. Please see the following location for any legal discussion:

FFmpeg License and Legal Considerations

You may want to try searching for installation assistance on forums where FFMPEG discussions occur.

Thank you.

3. inthukha

inthukha Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,

Thanks, GPL is useable to anyone. what about FLVTOOL2 – MP4Box ? and the reason this thing post here is to ask if its possible to install all of this module this on cPanel Server ?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can search this forum for "ffmpeg" to see some threads that show how other users have installed it. However, cPanel staff members can not assist you with FFMPEG (including software that utilizes this software).

Thank you.