Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

FHTrap was not closed properly and was unable to return the result

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RobinF28, Oct 26, 2017.

1. RobinF28

RobinF28 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I'm getting the following log lines in my /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log and really can't find anything in the fourms here to help me understand/fix this issue. There are hundreds of these lines, consecutively.

Can anyone help or shed some light on this for me, thanks?

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log:
    Cpanel::FHTrap was not closed properly and was unable to return the result: []

FYI...
    Code:
    /etc/redhat-release:CentOS release 6.9 (Final)
    /usr/local/cpanel/version:11.66.0.27
    /var/cpanel/envtype:kvm
    CPANEL=release

#1 RobinF28, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  2. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The only thing I can find (translated from a Russian site) talked about this error being generated from the Max cPanel process memory (maxmem) being low.

You should be able to alter this in Tweak Settings > System > Max cPanel process memory

You could try and increase the amount of memory you are allocating to the cPanel processes, and see if the error goes away :)

Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RobinF28

RobinF28 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks rpvw,

I've checked this, but it set the same as my other VPS, at the default value of 768MB, and I don't think it's maxing out on any processes thus far. I've checked for any cpanel processes that are being killed off or terminated, but the server is quite quiet and not under any strain. < 0.2 for 5min load average!

Thank you for your input however.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

These messages are harmless, and appear when the coppermine cpaddon is enabled. We've fixed this in cPanel version 68 with the following case:

Fixed case CPANEL-14544: Don't warn when trapping output across a fork.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. RobinF28

RobinF28 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Many thanks Michael, I'll ignore them so. :)