The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Manager and IRC question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jungalist81, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Jungalist81

Jungalist81 Member

I am going to be uploading a lot of folders and files. Is there a way to select the folders and files asone entity and upload them once? It feels quite tedious to click on 'Choose File' many times.

I have a request to create an IRC channel for our community. Any members, new or old can sit and idle at the IRC channel answering questions and discussing ideas instantly. This an alternative to the Live chat.

#1 Jungalist81, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This isn't possible in File Manager. You could use an FTP client such as Filezilla at FileZilla - Client Download to upload multiple files and/or folders. FTP clients are more intended for mass uploads or downloads of files and folders.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Add all files to a zip file, (EG winzip) and upload to a temporary folder. Once uploaded, unpack the zip file using File Manager in that temp directory. Now move the files where ever you like from there.

A zip file of 1000's of files uploads in seconds compared to 1000 single files one by one.

To each his own. I suggest you say no, but thats just me.

4. MeanderingCode

MeanderingCode Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm curious why you would suggest Jungalist81 say no. Obviously you wouldn't want to hang out there, but why does that translate into "you shouldn't run one"? I would love an IRC channel. I just spent 30 minutes chasing outdated leads. For those who are on IRC consistently, it's another topic-oriented channel to be on. For those (like me) looking for real-time help and tips/leads from (expert) human minds instead of the churning, ever-growing mass of text on the web, it would be invaluable. I found the #cpanel channel on freenode, which doesn't appear in the channel list. Perhaps that is enough or maybe some cPanel staff would be interested in Op'ing it and/or it could be promoted on cPanel websites, specifically in support sections. **note: that Op suggestion comes from someone who knows none of the Voiced on #cpanel. ***note: line breaks are not working here :/

#4 MeanderingCode, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011