The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Manager Directory Access window not accessible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ie:eI, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Ie:eI

Ie:eI Registered

Hello to all!

When i click on "File Manager" the popup window "Directory Access" is not accessible. It shows up (greyed out for a split second) then disappears- then loads public_html. It doesn't stop and allow me to make a choice before loading "File Manager". Any ideas?

Once "File Manager" loads i am by default inside the public_html folder BUT i am able to "go to" folder "/" for root and access files just fine.

I had tried to complete a Joomla_1.5 install just prior to this problem arising AND also mistakenly deleted my public_html folder in the process. I re-uploaded my beginner site using dreamwweaver and all is fine (Except for the "Directory Access" when you first click on "File Manager"

My site only has a splash page - the damage was minimal and re uploading my public_html folder from dreamweaver was easy.

Does anyone know if this is something i can fix or must i contact my hosting provider?

2. Ie:eI

i see that i have the box checked that says:

Skip this question, and always open this directory in the future when opening Password Protect Directories.

How do i get that box unchecked?

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Bottom of the main page of your cPanel there is a link to reset all interface settings give that a go.

4. Ie:eI

Thank you! It's all set!:)