The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Manager HTML Editor Session Expired Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by impload, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impload

impload Member

Hi we are having the following issue with the html editor in the file manager.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_684c3fc38077d2e4eecefc2c14f3b0d2, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/wysiwygPro/conf/customSessHandlers.inc.php on line 26
    Warning
    Your editing session has expired.
    This is usually caused by a long period of inactivity. Please re-load the page.

It happens even when your only logged in for like 30 seconds and you click something like the color chooser or backlink inserter.

If it's about permissions, can someone guide me on how to change them? like how to do it in ssh etc. I only know how to do it in cpanel and ftp but i know you cant access /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/wysiwygPro/conf/customSessHandlers.inc.php through ftp or cpanel.

Please someone help is really needed :(
    thanks to those that lend a hand.

2. Data 1

Data 1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Since 11.25...

Basically the upgrade went great and there are features I have been waiting for since the first Cpanel/WHM I ever used.

HOWEVER a customer brought it to my attention that the HTML editor (file manager/select html file/edit) throws a expired session warning when selecting anything from the top bar.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it something in my particular upgrade that is messed up?

Jim

Well as best as I can figure it is like this on all my servers now... at least every one I checked. I personally do not use this feature but I know several of my customers do.

#2 Data 1, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  3. Luke Carrier

Luke Carrier Active Member

Have you tried a forceful update? This basically means cPanel has to overwrite all of its files instead of only those it believes are out of date - sometimes it can fall out of sync and end up with issues such as the ones you're explaining.

Running this as root should solve that:
    Code:
    /scripts/upcp --force
    Failing that, I'd try flushing your browser cache. It's possible that the JavaScript used to power the file manager has been changed and that your browser is caching the old copy of the JS files; just a guess but it might work.

I can't reproduce this on any of our cPanel 11.25 boxes.

4. Data 1

Data 1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Thank you Luke for the reply.

It doesn't seem like the --force was with me today. I ran it on one of the servers and the results are the same.

I know I didn't have the JS cached because I have never used the editor until someone reported a problem.

I'm thinking it's some common silly setting I have on my servers. Perhaps I should do an official support request? It would be my first one ever :)

5. tinboye22

tinboye22 Active Member

I noticed when you try and use the decompression within file manager it truncates the zip, making a folder called each, and does not decompress all the files, tells me at the bottom that its truncated at 2%

6. Luke Carrier

Luke Carrier Active Member

Data 1, I've never seen that issue before. Is it just a certain browser that suffers from the issue, or can you reproduce it in several? Also, which release tree are you on? It may be specific to yours but fixed in the one we're running (CURRENT).

tinboye22, that's incorrect - the file manager does actually decompress all of the files, but in order to avoid wasting bandwidth and resources on the client's computer it just doesn't display all of the output from the process. I think that's what you were saying, anyway.

Hope the above is useful!

7. Data 1

Data 1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi Luke,

I checked tonight and it is working on all servers. I guess we will never know exactly what was happening. I did try different browsers during the tests... the results were the same.

Thank you for looking at this-

Jim

8. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The session expired problem arises when session.save_path is not defined in /usr/local/lib/php.ini. That latest builds of cPanel 11.25 address this.

9. Silver_2000

Silver_2000 Well-Known Member

having same error

10. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    The above two posts are now merged with another thread on the same topic. The issue is addressed as described by cPanel Kenneth's post as shown below: File Manager HTML Editor Session Expired Problem - cPanel Forums

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.