The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Manager Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VxJasonxV, Aug 23, 2004.

1. VxJasonxV

VxJasonxV Registered

Simple problem, simple issue. I am unable to move/copy files into the / folder in the cPanel file manager.
    whenever I click it, it seems to refresh the page, as if I was trying to 'navigate' in the / folder.

And yes, I am fully aware I navigate in directories by clicking the folder icon, and drop it in the folder by clicking the name.
    But I click the actual '/', and it just refreshes and won't drop the file in.

Thanks.

2. vivek

vivek Well-Known Member

Hello,

check the ownership and permssion of the user.
    Permission should be 755 for the particular folder, ownership should be of the user.
    eg : username:username

Vivek

3. VxJasonxV

VxJasonxV Registered

Permissions have absolutely nothing to do with it. Save the fact that users can't edit the / folder whatsoever.

4. myusername

myusername Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    You are aware that since / is the top level you cannot navigate into that folder right?

When you login to fileman you are already in / so there is nowhere to go but decending.

Clicking the / or the icon itself isn't going to do anything but refresh the page.

5. VxJasonxV

VxJasonxV Registered

Why is this so hard to understand?
    It's a navigation issue, FROM the file COPIER/MOVER.

Look, when I'm copying or moving a file, it takes me to my user's root level (just the '/' directory to them) by default, and then they should be able to choose where the file/folders' destination it.

It's supposed to be:
    Clicking the folder icon navigates INTO the directory, clicking the name of the folder puts the files INTO that directory.

Clicking on the the icon for / and the text / does the same thing, it just refreshes the page. The only way to move files/folders into the users' / directory is at the shell level, or downloading it via FTP and uploading it into /.

This is totally unnecessary, I don't have any problems copying/moving into another directory, but files just can't go into the / directory. This IS a bug.

If you don't understand, ask me for clarification. I'm not sure if I'm using bad terms or what, but I honestly don't see why there is such a misunderstanding here.

6. kamal

kamal Registered

File manager upload to /

Hi there,

I have found a way to move a directory to the home directory of a user using file manager

(//domainname:2082/frontend/x/files/dofileop.html?dir=/home/username&opfile=directoryname to be moved&opdir=/path to the directory that you wish to move&fileop=move )

for eg:
    folder to be move/copy:myhtml
    username :kamal
    suppose, myhtml is the folder that you wish to move /copy resides in the following directory

/home/kamal/backup-8.25.2004_05-17-28_kamal/homedir ,then to copy this folder to /home/kamal
    give the following in your browser

(//xxxxxxx:2082/frontend/x/files/dofileop.html?dir=/home/arms&opfile=myhtml&opdir=/home/kamal/backup-8.25.2004_05-17-28_kamal/homedir&fileop=move)

Hope this works for all.... :)

#6 kamal, Aug 29, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2004