The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Manager Loading Text Editor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sparek-3, Nov 4, 2008.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We have a client that is saying that the Loading Text Editor popup is staying when they try to edit a file, making it impossible to edit the file.

This happens in the File Manager and Legacy File Manager in their control panel, with any file that they edit.

The message overlay is not going away and the user is unable to see the textarea with the file contents.

I have tried to reproduce this and I have not been able to.

I am just wondering if anyone else has experience a similar issue and if there are any recommendations for solving it.

Thanks

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sounds like a browser issue. Have they tried to use another browser to check?

3. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yea. Different browsers, I believe they've tried Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera. Also tried different operating systems, XP, Vista, Ubuntu.

I agree, it sounds like a javascript/browser problem to me. But I am not able to reproduce the problem to test it myself. If I had to guess I would guess that the javascript is, for some reason, not executing correctly. But I would not think that three different browsers and three different operating systems would exhibit the same behavior.

4. acenetgeorge

acenetgeorge Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You might want to try changing the cPanel theme. We had a similar problem with RVskins not playing nice with File Manager, and it worked fine changing the user to x3.