The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Manager problem extracting files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mkmagu, Mar 13, 2010.

1. mkmagu

mkmagu Registered

I've been having a problem extracting files with File Manager I orignally thought the problem was with my shared host, but I'm now having the same problem with a different shared host provider. Basiclly what happens when you click to unzip a file it does unzip but it create a file tree and does not extract the files to the right folder. When the file is here:
    atlanticrescue/sites/all/modules/ckeditor/ckeditor
    it unzips and creates:
    lanticrescue/sites/all/modules/ckeditor/ckeditor/ckeditor/lanticrescue/sites/all/modules/ckeditor/ckeditor
    The Cpanel versions are
    cPanel Version 11.25.0-RELEASE

cPanel Version 11.24.5-STABLE

Thanks in advance for any help
    Mary M.

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

If you have an access to the server then you can try to unzip the file through SSH using gunzip command and check out for the result.

3. mkmagu

mkmagu Registered

Right now I don't have access to SSH, I would rather solve the problem I'm having. Right now opening a zip file is useless at this point. :( I know this thread was moved, to the newbie category, I've been using Cpanel for years this problem just started happening in the past few months. To me it looks like a bug in Cpanel happens on 2 different hosts, 2 different computers, different internet connection, different domains.

#3 mkmagu, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You'll do better to contact your host about this for them to take a peek at solving it, or contacting cPanel for you so that they can be made known about any issues with the File Manager.