The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Manager question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by misha, Apr 19, 2002.

1. misha

misha Registered

Hello,
    I am able to upload files using the CPanel's FileManager, but unable to download files. When I right-click and chose &Save target As...&, the &Save As..& dialog opens with &select.htm& filename as default - and the file is not downloaded.

Is it possible to download files to local machine using CPanel's Filemanager?

Please help!

Regards,
    Misha

2. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    [quote:ce24a82e51][i:ce24a82e51]Originally posted by misha[/i:ce24a82e51]

I am able to upload files using the CPanel's FileManager, but unable to download files. When I right-click and chose &Save target As...&, the &Save As..& dialog opens with &select.htm& filename as default - and the file is not downloaded.

Is it possible to download files to local machine using CPanel's Filemanager?

[/quote:ce24a82e51]

I don't think so you can. Why do you want to download files from cpanel ? You can use the http location to download the file easily.

As per the select.htm, this basically selects the file and then shows different options in the top right frame,

It has couple of options for each file type, try if something works for you.

regards,

Anand

3. misha

misha Registered

HTTP location is fine when the files are under www root, say public_html. CPanel can be used to access files anywhere on the site. If there is a solution it would very helpful.

Regards,
    Misha