The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Manager shows Data error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nplink, Sep 24, 2010.

1. nplink

nplink Registered

I am using latest version of cPanel VPS.

Everything works fine except the File Manager. I can browser the folder but in the right side of the file manager I get 'Data Error' message. I found in legacy file manager following error is thrown

Unable to locate httpd.conf at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ConfigFiles.pm line 27.
    Cpanel::ConfigFiles::find_httpconf() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ConfigFiles.pm line 14
    Cpanel::ConfigFiles::stat_httpconf() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mime.pm line 38
    Cpanel::Mime::system_mime() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 3142
    Cpanel::Fileman::_loadmimeinfo() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 373
    Cpanel::Fileman::api2_listfiles('dir', '/home/sajilojo/public_html/', 'showdotfiles', '', 'needmime', 1) called at (eval 46) line 1
    eval '$dataref = [Cpanel::Fileman::api2_listfiles(%{$rCFG})];' called at cpanel line 4218
    main::api2_exec('Fileman', 'listfiles', 'HASH(0xa7c9464)', 'HASH(0x8b6a5c0)') called at cpanel line 553
    main::real_cpexectag('<?cp Fileman::listfiles(^J [tr class="row-%" onContextMenu=\'g...') called at cpanel line 4021
    main::dotag_finished_headers('<?cp Fileman::listfiles(^J [tr class="row-%" onContextMenu=\'g...', 0) called at cpanel line 3898
    main::cpanel_parseblock('<cpanel setvar="dprefix=../">^J<html>^J<head>^J<title>cPanel X - Fi...') called at cpanel line 3842
    main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0xa5a7314)') called at cpanel line 5335
    main::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel line 387[/SIZE][/SIZE]

It looks like it is trying to check whether httpd.conf exist or not..I checked it, and its there in right path. Will anyone please sheds some light to solve this strange issue.

I did upcp --force but didn't work. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Probable permissions issue

This can be caused by a problem with permissions in the /usr/local/apache/conf directory structure. Carefully check the permissions, all the way from /usr down to /usr/local/apache/conf. Here are the correct permissions from a known-working server:

Code:
    # ls -alh /
    drwxr-xr-x  16 root root 4.0K Sep 22 07:12 usr/

# ls -alh /usr/
    drwxr-xr-x  25 root root 4.0K Jan 26  2010 local/

# ls -alh /usr/local/
    drwxr-xr-x 17 root   root   4.0K Apr 15 11:14 apache/

# ls -alh /usr/local/apache
    drwxr-xr-x  8 root root  4.0K Sep 24 07:06 conf/

# ls -alh /usr/local/apache/conf
    -rw-------  1 root root  25K Sep 13 11:23 httpd.conf
    The basic issue is that if any of the directories do not have world-readable and world-executable permissions, this will prevent the File Manager from being able to traverse them and read the files they contain. Every function in cPanel runs as the account user, so the directories need to be world-readable and world-executable in order for the account user to be able to change to and read from these directories.

3. nplink

nplink Registered

Thank you

The problem has been solved. Was installation script a culprit? We didn't change any permission in fact. I wonder how the permission was set user read/write only.

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That type of permissions problem is unusual, and should not happen on a new installation. If you happen to see this occur again on a new installation, or if anyone else reading sees this happen, please submit a ticket so that we may investigate more deeply and try to determine if there are any issues with our installer or EasyApache that could cause this.

5. rjwil

rjwil Registered

I experienced this same issue recently with a new VPS setup. Easy fix, but found this post documenting the problem. The only problem I found was

Code:
    drwx------  root root /usr/local/apache
    should have been

Code:
    drwxr-xr-x root root /usr/local/apache
    CentOS 5.5 32 bit
    WHM 11.26.20