The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File owner problems with "Zoom"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by intent-group, Mar 11, 2005.

1. intent-group

intent-group Member

Oct 28, 2003
    File owner problems with "Zoom" ** suggested to read just incase **

A client on my server has installed a gallery script called "Zoom" on his hosting account. It's basically a video streaming system written in PHP. Anyway. His cpanel and WHM account show 40mb of space used.

On a random search one day I found around 200mb of videos on his account yet still 40mb listed. It turns out when you upload with this piece of "software" it uploads the movies with the owner "nobody" which are then not counted as filespace.

Thought people may like to be aware of this if they aren't already so they can make sure file ownerships are correct..

Currently i've just got a cronjob running daily to chown all his files into his username. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to let me know! :)
    #1 intent-group, Mar 11, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  2. LP-Trel

LP-Trel Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2003
    If you use mod_php.. this is going to happen. That is how PHP works when Apache runs it.

Use phpsuexec if you want the ownership to be right. At the moment you just can't have both.