The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File system points to MySQL db's in wrong cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jetsetter, Apr 18, 2006.

1. jetsetter

jetsetter Registered

Hello,

I just moved from a shared hosting solution to a dedicated machine. They set up two cpanels for me, cPanel A handles some shared domains, cPanel B is for one single domain which I have vbulletin running on.

Previously all the domains were under a single cPanel, so to extricate my big site and give it its own cPanel (cPanel B), they created a copy of my vB database and imported it.

So, I believe I have two mySql servers running on the same machine. Things were working correctly at first. The config.php pointed to the vB db in cPanel B and all was well. They gave me an initial password that needed to be changed so I deleted the user associated with the vBull database on cPanel B, then deleted the user.

Then I created a new user in MySql on cPanel B and gave All access to the vB db. I then went to update the config.php file, and began getting error 0, can't connect to database.

After some troubleshooting I figured out that somehow config.php can now only see the MySql databases on cPanel A. I know that it is only seeing the old database, because I changed the user and pass variables in the config.php to those still attached to the old db on cPanel A and it works.

I'm not sure what happened. How can I make it so that the config.php see's the correct mySql database?

thanks,

rob