File Upload Issue On My Server

sirsteve

Registered
Apr 14, 2021
India
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello. Good day

I have been struggling with this issue for long now and i really want to know the exact issue. please someone should help me out.

i bought a hosting from a company, I bought 3 php scripts to start to build up my website.
after setting up the scripts, which were successfully installed, but each of them have a similar issue.

First Script:

Script supports only php7.4.
- Issue is that i cant upload files, i already arranged the website but i cant upload files/media on the website. i get error. i tried to contact my developer and they told me to contact my hosting .

I got this error "PHP extension fileinfo is not installed, the system cant do upload media without this extension"

When i used the MultiPHP Manager and used Php7.4, the site works really fine except that it cant upload files/media. but my hosting asked me to set it to Inherited, then Select Php Version > 7.4. when i did this, my site no longer loads. i get this:

This page isn’t working right now
www.yoursite.com can't currently handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

i contacted my developer and they tried help me send a mail to my hosting. they figured out 2 issues. Here it is:

"When we using MultiPHP manager to change php version (we need php 7.4), but it's missing configuration. we tried to switch to select PHP version (Select php7.4 too) to handle php process, but an error show up "interface 'JsonSerializable' not found" (but Json already checked and enabled in extension)"

Second Script:

I installed the 2nd script, and rearranged the site, its same issue with files uploading, i cant upload any files/media. i contacted my developer for the issue and they told me this

"File manager not working on your server because same file manger are working fine on other server without any issue. your hosting isnt allowing the script to do the work"

Third script

I installed also, it is a security script. i set it up, again an issue is there.

I contacted my developer and they said this

"PHP Sessions are not enabled on your site. ask your hosting provider to enable PHP Sessions, otherwise you won't be able to login because login sessions can't be created. Script is based on PHP Sessions".

I just got confused because i dont know any programming or anything about this. i tried to contact my hosting, they don't really know the exact problem. i told them about the file upload, they said i should enable it from the Select php version, in which we already did from the first script but it was showing the "interface 'JsonSerializable' not found" even when Json already checked and enabled in extension.

please what configuration should i tell my hosting, the problem for each are quite similar, but i dont know the exact issue. Pls explain in a detailed way, i don't have any knowledge about all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I don't have enough detail to advise you on issue #2, but for 1 and 3, it sounds like PHP settings just need to be adjusted. Do you have root access to the server? If not, you'd need to contact your host and they should be able to fix those for you quickly. Issue #1 would be solved by installing the fileinfo package for PHP through EasyApache and issue #3 would be fixed by making sure sessions are not disabled in the PHP configuration.

sirsteve

Registered
Apr 14, 2021
India
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I contacted my hosting but they keep telling me to enable it on my php.ini, select php version etc in which I did already but not still working.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Since you only have cPanel access to the server, there isn't much else we can recommend on our side, as those are standard packages that can be enabled on every cPanel server. If you had root access to the entire server we could provide more direct help, but for your situation you'll have to work with the host to get that resolved as you don't have enough access to perform additional troubleshooting on the system.