The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

file uploading

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by bobbyjoe, May 16, 2006.

1. bobbyjoe

bobbyjoe Registered

When I try to upload files, I get the message that the upload failedbecause a virus wasdetected. I check the files with a virus checker; no virus found. This has started happening just the past 3 weeks. My host has been no help, says they have asked cpanel to troubleshoot the problem. Help,please!

2. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

You need to provide more details to your problem before anyone could help. Include stuffs like exact error message, screen shots and so on.

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

If you find that you receive such errors when trying to upload files through the file manager provided by cPanel, there will be one of two issues going on:

1) The file does contain a virus
    2) The file does not contain a virus but the clamavconnector module is incorrectly reporting that it does

I'd recommend contacting your host so that they can investigate. In the meantime you could always upload via FTP as this will work.

4. bobbyjoe

bobbyjoe Registered

The message I get is:
    Upload Status indult.htm (indult.htm): Virus Detected; File not Uploaded! (Access denied. ERROR)

This message appearson the right of the "select file" upload screen. Does that help any?

5. GreggBz

GreggBz Registered

I have a client with the exact same issue. Without clamd running it uploads fine.
    It only effects one user account.

I'm certain the file has no virus, same behavior when I tried to uploaded foo.bar from a solaris workstation.

I've restored the clamd.conf file to a 4 month old backup (when it worked) and still same issue.

I've opened a ticket with Cpanel.

Any progress on this?

6. manish

manish Member

Many of users on one of our servers have reported this issue. We have temporarily uninstalled clamd. Does any of you have any solution for this?

7. hicom

hicom Well-Known Member

We are having this same problem after upgrading cPanel/WHM to latest stable release. All the sudden people are calling with Virus Detected issue.

8. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Have you found a solution? I can stop the error if I remove the clamavconnector, but by doing that exim can then not deliver email, as it is still trying to connect to clamav. oddly, clamd is alreayd removed as well.

9. hicom

hicom Well-Known Member

The fix to this problem was simple. Make sure you run calmav or clamd as a root user.

You can do so, by modifying the clamd config file (mine at /usr/local/etc/clamd.conf) and one of the options is to run clamav under which user.

Another option is to run a cron job that chmod 711 the folder /home/$username/tmp

Thx for cPanel staff on this one!

Tamouh

10. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Nice, this works for me as well, thanks so much.