filemanage and virus fals positives

johny_gjx

Apr 15, 2005
We've seen on a couple of cPanel boxes recently that once a file is uploaded if clamav is present on the server the file manager erroneously finds the file infected and does not allow the user to upload it. clamd service has already been deactivated but this has not helped.

The only solution so far is to use the uninstall targat and issue
make uninstall
in the directory where clam sources had been extracted.

the mentioned clamav has been installed from source and has many other functions on the box and thus should remain on the server so we need to solve this problem in another way.

Last edited:

johny_gjx

Apr 15, 2005
thanks unfortuantely disabling "virus scanner" in the feature list does not help, neither an enabled or disabled "clamd" service does make any difference.

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
the mentioned clamav has been installed from source and has many other functions on the box and thus should remain on the server so we need to solve this problem in another way.

Not sure this matters either, but I'm curious about this comment above.
Are you saying you've installed it manually and not thru "Manage Plugins" in WHM?

Could that be the problem?

johny_gjx

Apr 15, 2005
That is right, the clamavconnector through the plugins interface is not installed at all, neither the clamd service is enabled, I'd raise why the filemanager scans the uploaded files at all. I think this behavior is the function of the mentioned plugin which we have never installed.

Last edited:

johny_gjx

Apr 15, 2005
The problem still exists in cPanel 11.25 despite what the bugzilla comment from Kenneth mentioned.