The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

files created when a cpanel is added

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kensikora, Jun 7, 2012.

1. kensikora

kensikora Registered

The symptom I have is that when fantastico tries to install joomla in the public_html directory, there is a message that there are already files in that directory and to delete those files.

It seems that cpanel is creating files and subdirectories when it is first initialized. For example, on a fresh cpanel account added through whm, in the public_html directory there is an "images" directory.

When I compare this cpanel installation to one I use at Host Gator, these files aren't created.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    On account creation files may be added to the account, like an images directory but that's not cPanel creating it, it would be coming from the cpanel3-skel directory.
    Skeleton Directory - cPanel Documentation

If this is the case, your Hosting Provider should be able to explain this to you. You can if you like, move all files you see on a new account, in the public_html, into a backup directory outside the public_html for safe keeping and then run the Fantastico installer.