The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Files don't refresh

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Windbrand, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Windbrand

Windbrand Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I'm using Hostgator for hosting and domain, and they have cPanel installed for customers. I use the file manager to transfer a few files and Dreamweaver to transfer whole folders, and I use notepad++ for editing code. Recently I've noticed that once I'm done making changes in notepad++, save the file, then upload it via cPanel's file manager, it'll ask me if I want to replace the old file, then I click yes and it'll say upload successful. However I go back to file manager's explorer, and check my html or css file, then notice it's not been refreshed, it's still the old file before the edits. I view my website and yup, no changes were made. It only works if I repeatedly upload that file 4-5 times, after a while it'll finally refresh to the new file.
    Does anyone know what's causing this?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You should probably contact Hostgator about this. As I recall they use a custom style for cPanel, could that be the problem? I'm not sure. Short of that, you could try using another browser to see if this is a browser issue.