The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Files from /etc/valiases are not being removed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jackie46, Dec 18, 2005.

1. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

When i look in /etc/valiases i see a bunch of files owned by users who are no longer on our servers. Why? On top of that, those files are owned by non existant users and we are running phpsuexec!

-rw-r--r-- 1 32127 629 12 May 4 2003 www.openusadoor.com
    -rw-r--r-- 1 32127 mail 11 Sep 21 2003 www.openusdoor.com

-rw-r--r-- 1 32184 mail 0 Sep 25 2003 webmail.auburnhotel.com

etc!

SOMBODY needs to write a script that removes the JUNK that cpanel cannot remove. I CANNOT BELIEVE that a hosting control panel cannot clean up and remove the crap they origionally created on your server when you terminate a web site. If they are creating websites on our servers why cant they do a clean remove? If you are creating files here there and everywhere why cant you remove the files created here there and everywhere? :rolleyes: Eg, the packages for resellers are still not being deleted when you terminate a reseller. This issue is over 2yrs old and has been written about many many times.

#1 jackie46, Dec 18, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

One simple explaination could be that way back then, there was a bug in cPanel which could easily have been fixed in the meantime. So, you'll just have to tidy it up yourself.