The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Files in use, subdomain not working right

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mad Cow, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Member

I ran this PHP script on my site. The script was made to generate a file containing a post everytime I filled out a form and submitted. Sure, that work. Unfortunately I had added a part to the script that sent PHP through somewhat of a never-ending loop. Therefore it was never able to reach the end of the script and close access to the files. I cannot delete these files now, as they are in use, and I suspect, do to the loop, that the files will never get put out of use. I don't know any of this for sure, but it is all based on an educated guess.

So what I need is to know how to restart PHP. I think that should work (shouldn't it?) and then I can delete the files. I do not have access to SSH.

I'm also having a problem with my subdomain. All of the other subdomains on the server work but this one, the one that ran those scripts. Now whenever I try to go to it (it is madcow.applyclan.com), it gives me the error that it can't find the file /. I don't know why it is looking for a file called / in the first place. At any rate, I suspect that is somehow PHP's fault, and hope that restarting it will help as well. I've had this subdomain working for quite some time, but the first time it had given me that error was after I had run that stupid script. I've since deleted it, so I can't show you what it was. Sorry.

Anyway, please help. Thank you.

#1 Mad Cow, Jul 15, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2004