The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Files not showing on site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seriell, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Seriell

Seriell Registered

Good morning, or atleast for me it is, everyone.

I am more the designer type of guy who have spent more or less 0 time on actually managing anything at all. But the time is more than ready for me to everything on my own. So I am managing a brand new site all by myself now. It is not for any customers, only for myself.

Anyway, I liked the looks of Cpanel, but that did not help me when I never managed to have my files show on the site. I have my HTML document that's going to give an "under construction, we expect to be up in blablabla".

I wrote the document in notepad, made sure I have my doctype declaration correct and so on. Saved my file as .htm and uploaded it to public_html. There my HTML document residents at the momenth, but it does not show when I enter my domain in any webbrowser.

The error message is simply 403 stating that I also have a fun little 404.
    If I enter the direct URL to the file in my browser it shows, for instance like this: www.mydomain.com/mydocument.htm and that is somewhat good, means the upload is ok. But why on earth does on not show on www.mydomain.com ?

I will respond as frequent as possible, and I appreciate any help. I assume there is an explanation to this and that I probally overlooked something, question is what?

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Please make sure that you have added .htm in your directory index. You can check it from the below mentioned location:

WHM -> Service Configuration -> Apache Setup -> DirectoryIndex Priority

3. Seriell

Seriell Registered

I found no such thing on my cPanel. I found something named Index management, is that right?

Edit: Is this relevant? : Link to picture
    File uploader

#3 Seriell, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  4. Seriell

Seriell Registered

Great success!

I had to rename my HTML document to "index.html" I called it "HTMLdoc.HTML" at first.