Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Filesize limit on DOWNload?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bugmagnet, Mar 25, 2019.

1. bugmagnet

bugmagnet Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a PHP script which copies files out of the client's directory tree and saves it to the local disk for further processing. This works fine except when the file is more than a megabyte in size.

When it's "big" my resulting JSON has a string like this in it:
    Code:
    The file “/home/username/public_html/wp-content/uploads/sucuri/sucuri-oldfailedlogins.php” for user “username” is larger then the maximum allowed file size of 1 MB."

When I went searching for solutions, I found pages on this forum talking about upload limits and how to fix them. Is there also a download limit and if so, how do I fix it?

Moderator Note: Replaced the actual username with "username".

#1 bugmagnet, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2019
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @bugmagnet

There shouldn't be a download limit but there is an upload limit which is by default set to 2M which is what sounds like is being hit in this instance.

You can modify this by going to WHM>>Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor and change the value for the version of PHP you're using. You may also want to check for the presence of an .ini file in the document root for the domain.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...