Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Filter all spam into per-user junk folder

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by brainyron, Apr 11, 2012.

1. brainyron

brainyron Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I've tried a couple of different methods of accomplishing this but haven't found one that works the way I want. I have an external spam filter that I'm forwarding into cPanel. It marks all detected messages by prepending ***SPAM*** to the subject line. What I want is to have Exim automatically filter these into an IMAP folder named "Junk" under the recipient's account when they are received, and I'd like a way to do this globally so I do not have to configure it per-user.

Thanks for your input!
    Ron

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

You can take an advantage of SpamAssassin feature named “SPAM BOX”. You need to enable this feature from cPanel -> SpamAssassin -> Spam Box.

SpamBox will deliver any emails identified as spam by SpamAssassin into a separate mail folder named "spam". This "spam" folder will fill up and should be emptied regularly from web mail login. This will be a global rule which will be applicable to all the email addresses of your domain.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brainyron

brainyron Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Unfortunately since SpamAssassin is not processing the mails, the SpamBox method does not work.