The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filter Email Before SpamAssassin?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by urantian, Aug 18, 2010.

1. urantian

urantian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is it possible to apply the email filters before SpamAssassin analyzes the email? I receive a lot of spam and adjusted the scoring to eliminate it. However, some valid messages are being flagged as spam.

The SpamAssassin whitelist won't work in all cases, because the filtering is based on the contents of TO and SUBJECT, not FROM. Therefore, I can enable the email to go through by using filters.

Unfortunately, many of these messages being passed through are flagged as "***SPAM***" in the subject line, even though they are valid messages.

Is there a way to pass these messages through, without having them flagged as spam?

---Michael

2. dh10

dh10 Registered

Try using the whitelist function on Spam Assassin itself. There's space for only four or five entries on the cPanel interface to SA, but it should do the trick.

3. urantian

urantian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for your reply. I referred to the white list in my original message. Unless I'm mistaken, the white list only allows you to enter "FROM" addresses or domains. However, I want to pass through messages based on "TO" and "SUBJECT".

---Michael

4. abby0880

abby0880 Registered

What is it?

What is SpamAssassin and how will it help or will not help me in my PC or website functions? Is this some kind of a virus? Thank you. I am new to this forum and I really want to learn something. Thanks. play pokies online

#4 abby0880, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010