The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filter email server wide

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hostseeker, Mar 10, 2004.

1. hostseeker

hostseeker Well-Known Member

I have a box with about 120 accounts on it. Many of the customers have AOL and have forwarders from their domain name email to their AOL address. I look at the mail que and I see a lot of returns that were obviously spam sent to these customer addresses that forwarded to their AOL address. They are returned by AOL with the note:

"The URL contained in your email to AOL members has generated a high volume of complaints. Per our Unsolicited BuCODE=DL0
    554 TRANSACTION FAILED"

So they sit in my server mail que attempting to be bounced back to the spammer's non existent email address for 3 or 4 days.

I would like for any bounced email with that string in it to just be deleted, no use in trying to bounce it back to a phony spammer's address.

I have MailScanner installed along with Clam AV, and of course Cpanel and Exim.

Any ideas of how to automatically delete email that comes in with that failure message?

2. hostseeker

hostseeker Well-Known Member

3. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

We have this same problem only they get delivered to the AOL address and then they report it to AOL as SPAM. Since it was was forwarded to their AOL address from our server it has our servername in the headers and AOL sends us a letter accusing us of spamming.

4. BrightAdmin

BrightAdmin Well-Known Member

Hi Hostseeker,

Try to automate a perl or php script to do this. I think few scripts are there, you can modify it based on your needs.

Regards,

Bright
    :)