The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

filter for incoming gmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by enboig, Oct 21, 2015.

1. enboig

enboig Member

I have created an account filter to redirect all mails from account+....@example.com to account@example.com

It works for mails sent from the same domain using thunderbird, but fails for mails sent from gmail.

I got the source of my gmail mail at it contains a line full of spaces at top. If I remove them the filter works ok, how can I fix it?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. enboig

enboig Member

There is no error. The filter simply fail to detect mails sent from gmail.

I am using moodle and to allow users reply forums from mail, I must redirect all mail sent to "moodle+345....@domain.com" to moodle@domain.com.

To achieve this I set a default address for all received mail, and created a filter to redirect all mail sent to "moodle+...@domain.com" to moodle@domain.com.

It works when I send a mail from an account in the same server using thunderbird, but it fails for mails sent from gmail.

I took the source from both messages, and gmail was not detected by the filter. The gmail source have a line full of spaces " " in the first line, if I remove this line and test pasting the new mail in cpanel, the filter recognizes it.

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It seems like you may need to create an additional filter rule to account for the changes that Google makes to the message. You may need to consult with the Exim users mailing list if you don't receive additional user-feedback to this thread:

Exim-users Info Page

Thank you.

5. enboig

enboig Member

For future references, I was using default filters for mail, but there was no "default address" defined. Redirecting all mail to account mailbox solved the problem.

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator