Filter Incoming Emails by Country - exception or whitelist

eLIANT

Aug 14, 2006
Filtering by country has bugs - some IP addresses are incorrectly categorized. We need a way to tweak/update the IP addresses of each country. When that fails, how do we whitelist a specific IP address?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
We use the MaxMind GeoIP lite database for this discrepancies are a result of discrepancies with the DB as far as I am aware. What version of the geoip dbs do you have? You can find this by running the following:

Code:
rpm -qa |grep geoip

eLIANT

Aug 14, 2006
Thanks for the help.

<rpm -qa |grep geoip/>
cpanel-geoipfree-data-86.0-2.cp1186.noarch
geoipupdate-2.5.0-1.el7.x86_64

Regardless of updating the geo DB, would still be nice to be able to whitelist an IP. How do I submit a feature request?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Your DB is up to date for cPanel version 86.

Sorry I didn't address the whitelist issue. You should technically be able to add an address blocked by a country IP block to the cPHulk whitelist and bypass it. Details on the setting are here: cPHulk Brute Force Protection | cPanel & WHM Documentation

Have you added the specific IP to the whitelist while the rest of the country that IP is associated with is blocked?

In the event you want to open a feature request there's a link to do so in my signature :)

tmurdock

Jul 6, 2015
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, I just tried adding an IP address to the cpHulk whitelist, but that IP address is still being blocked from sending emails to our email server. Is there another way to whitelist a Geo blocked IP address?

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited: