filter outgoing email for a specific users on a domain

mathewk

Registered
Nov 5, 2020
GR
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I wonder if it is possible to write Exim filtering script to disable sending for some users on targetdomain.com hosted on cPanel. I want to limit these users from sending to the outside world and to allow them to send only to a specific list of domains. Other users on same domain could send everywhere with no limits.

If it is possible, would you please help with an example?

mathewk

Registered
Nov 5, 2020
GR
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

You would need to create a custom Exim filter to do this. The following will be helpful.

How to Customize the Exim System Filter File - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

You may also find these threads helpful:

Blocking all cpanel users from emailing specific domains/email accounts
Need to filter ALL email
I have a look there before posting, while I am looking for a full example. If you know how to code a filter, would you please share an example ?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I looked through our forums and Exim documentation and I didn't see a specific example that would fit these needs. This would need to be something that is custom created for this specific purpose, but I don't have an example to provide at this time.

Reactions: mathewk

mathewk

Registered
Nov 5, 2020
GR
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I looked through our forums and Exim documentation and I didn't see a specific example that would fit these needs. This would need to be something that is custom created for this specific purpose, but I don't have an example to provide at this time.
I think it would be good feature if we have it. I will submit as feature