Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Filter to copy outgoing e-mails.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Pringle9984, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Pringle9984

Pringle9984 Registered

I have a client with the domain abc.com, there are two e-mail addresses setup on this domain: a@abc.com and b@abc.com.

a@abc.com needs to recieve a copy of all b@abc.com's e-mails.

Easy enough, I can set up an e-mail forwarder to forward a copy of b@abc.com's incoming e-mails to a@abc.com - this will result in both accounts getting a copy of incoming e-mails addressed to b@abc.com.

The problem is that I also want a@abc.com to recieve a copy of b@abc.com's outgoing e-mails.

Sending CCs or BCCs aren't an option as they would require b@abc.com to add them in his client and it needs to be done automatically (the whole point of the system is security, so a single account can recieve copies of b's incoming and outgoing e-mails).

I thought perhaps I could set up a filter so that whenever b@abc.com send an outgoing e-mail it will automatically send a copy to a@abc.com - unfortunately I haven't really used filters a great deal and don't know where to start, or even if it's possible to set up filter's on outgoing e-mails.

Any help or suggestions would be greately appreciated.

Regards,
    Ben
    ben@web-dragon.co.uk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...