filtered emails duplicated

Pyroguy

Registered
Jan 10, 2017
Ontario
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Good day to the experts!

I own a domain and have a handful of users.

When creating a filter, I frequently end up with duplicate emails. The filter will trigger and should move the email to a "garbage" folder. It will frequently do this but will often leave the original email in the inbox.

I've spoken to my ISP about this but he said it could be a syntax issue. The filters are pretty
simple. I've starting using some very basic Regex and am seeing the same results.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Could you attach the filter rules as a image instead of a PDF file?

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Do multiple filter rules exist under the account as global filter rules or individual email filter rules? If so, you may want to add an additional "Stop Processing Rules" action to these filter rules to avoid multiple filters applied to the same message. You may also find this document helpful:

How to Configure Mail Filters - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

Pyroguy

Registered
Jan 10, 2017
Ontario
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello,

Do multiple filter rules exist under the account as global filter rules or individual email filter rules? If so, you may want to add an additional "Stop Processing Rules" action to these filter rules to avoid multiple filters applied to the same message. You may also find this document helpful:

How to Configure Mail Filters - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

Thanks for the comments. I did add "stop filtering" to each of the rules and that helped significantly. I thought I had successfully prevented duplications in the rules but apparently not!

Reactions: cPanelMichael