Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filtering "Envelope-to:" header problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Alex P, Apr 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Alex P

Alex P Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I am using cPanel 58.0 (build 45) and I want to filter e-mails meant for a given user's address (e.g. recip.email@email.com) and forward them to another address, using the "Account-level filtering" functionality. Most of the filtering can be set up fine, but there is still a case that I cannot get filtering to work on. In particular:

a) "Any recipient" "contains" "recip.email@email.com" works fine for most cases.

b) When the recipient is bcc'd, there are cases where there is a "for recip.email@email.com" string in the "Received:" header. This can be caught by adding another filter as follows: "Any header" "matches regex" "for\s+recip.email@email.com" (without the quotes).

c) What does not seem possible to be filtered yet is when the "Envelope-to:" header is being used, e.g.: "Envelope-to: recip.email@email.com" (only one recipient). The following did not work:
    - "Any header" "contains" "Envelope-to: recip.email@email.com".
    - "Any header" "matches regex" "Envelope-to:\s+recip.email@email.com".

Furthermore, the built-in filter test also seems to be unable to handle this field, when using e.g. the following test e-mail:

To: test@localhost
    Envelope-to: recip.email@email.com
    Subject: test

This is a test message.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Do you have root access to this system? If so, could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look at the affected system to see what's happening? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

3. Alex P

Alex P Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for your prompt reply. Unfortunately, I don't have root access (shell) and I can therefore not obtain the Support Access ID information required for opening a ticket.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I recommend reporting this issue to your web hosting provider so they can take a closer look and open a support ticket with us if necessary.

Thank you.

5. Alex P

Alex P Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you for your reply. I have already contacted my web hosting provider.

cPanelMichael likes this.