Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Filtering "Envelope-to:" header problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Alex P, Apr 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Alex P

Alex P Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I am using cPanel 58.0 (build 45) and I want to filter e-mails meant for a given user's address (e.g. recip.email@email.com) and forward them to another address, using the "Account-level filtering" functionality. Most of the filtering can be set up fine, but there is still a case that I cannot get filtering to work on. In particular:

a) "Any recipient" "contains" "recip.email@email.com" works fine for most cases.

b) When the recipient is bcc'd, there are cases where there is a "for recip.email@email.com" string in the "Received:" header. This can be caught by adding another filter as follows: "Any header" "matches regex" "for\s+recip.email@email.com" (without the quotes).

c) What does not seem possible to be filtered yet is when the "Envelope-to:" header is being used, e.g.: "Envelope-to: recip.email@email.com" (only one recipient). The following did not work:
    - "Any header" "contains" "Envelope-to: recip.email@email.com".
    - "Any header" "matches regex" "Envelope-to:\s+recip.email@email.com".

Furthermore, the built-in filter test also seems to be unable to handle this field, when using e.g. the following test e-mail:

To: test@localhost
    Envelope-to: recip.email@email.com
    Subject: test

This is a test message.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Do you have root access to this system? If so, could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look at the affected system to see what's happening? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Alex P

Alex P Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for your prompt reply. Unfortunately, I don't have root access (shell) and I can therefore not obtain the Support Access ID information required for opening a ticket.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I recommend reporting this issue to your web hosting provider so they can take a closer look and open a support ticket with us if necessary.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Alex P

Alex P Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you for your reply. I have already contacted my web hosting provider.

cPanelMichael likes this.