The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filtering mail for a list-address

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Gwaihir, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Gwaihir

Gwaihir Registered

Hi,

I'd like to filter the mail sent to listadress@mydomain.com before it is 'delivered' to Mailman. Why? Because mailman can filter only on 'from' and I want to sort on other headers (mainly sender).

Now, I can set some basic spam filtering through the CPanel. I can also upload more fancy Exim filters for 'normal' mail addresses and they work fine. But whenever I set a filter on the address of the mailman mailinglist the filter is ignored completely (same goes for the autoresponder one can setup with the CPanel).

First I thought the 'aliases' file got processed before the 'filters' one, though the Exim manual suggests otherwise, so I took out the pipe to mailman in that file and placed it in my filter instead. That was not the case: even without a pipe to mailman in either filters or aliases the mail still poors into the lists and ignores my changes completely; apparently Exim and Mailman are tied together somewhere deeper down, but where?

So how do I set up such a filter? I'd greatly appreciate your help :) I am a on a virtual account with: CPanel8.5.3-STABLE3, Exim 4.24 and Mailman 2.1.2. I have (limited) SSH access as well and a helpfull support team that might be willing to make some domain-specific tweak in a config file somewhere, however the source code of any of these apps is - obviously - off limits.

As a related question: are the filter and alias files used in real time, or are new settings only processed every few hours or so?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 1? ;)

2. Gwaihir

Gwaihir Registered

Not an awful lot of respons. Isn't there any CPanel staff answering stuff out here?

3. d4rkl0rd

d4rkl0rd Active Member

4. yashodeep

yashodeep Member

mainman member list

Hello everyone...

Can anyuone tell me how i will get my members list back as i have lost it in trasfer of my domain so it doesn't seems to anywhere either in old or new server. Or where should I look for memeber's list.. any idea? :rolleyes:

Thanks in adavance. Waiting for suggestions. :)

5. sur2k04

sur2k04 Member

no idea

hehehehe :D