Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Filtering mail for a list-address

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Gwaihir, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Gwaihir

Gwaihir Registered

Hi,

I'd like to filter the mail sent to listadress@mydomain.com before it is 'delivered' to Mailman. Why? Because mailman can filter only on 'from' and I want to sort on other headers (mainly sender).

Now, I can set some basic spam filtering through the CPanel. I can also upload more fancy Exim filters for 'normal' mail addresses and they work fine. But whenever I set a filter on the address of the mailman mailinglist the filter is ignored completely (same goes for the autoresponder one can setup with the CPanel).

First I thought the 'aliases' file got processed before the 'filters' one, though the Exim manual suggests otherwise, so I took out the pipe to mailman in that file and placed it in my filter instead. That was not the case: even without a pipe to mailman in either filters or aliases the mail still poors into the lists and ignores my changes completely; apparently Exim and Mailman are tied together somewhere deeper down, but where?

So how do I set up such a filter? I'd greatly appreciate your help :) I am a on a virtual account with: CPanel8.5.3-STABLE3, Exim 4.24 and Mailman 2.1.2. I have (limited) SSH access as well and a helpfull support team that might be willing to make some domain-specific tweak in a config file somewhere, however the source code of any of these apps is - obviously - off limits.

As a related question: are the filter and alias files used in real time, or are new settings only processed every few hours or so?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 1? ;)

2. Gwaihir

Gwaihir Registered

Not an awful lot of respons. Isn't there any CPanel staff answering stuff out here?

3. d4rkl0rd

d4rkl0rd Active Member

oops no idea

Cheers.
    :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. yashodeep

yashodeep Member

mainman member list

Hello everyone...

Can anyuone tell me how i will get my members list back as i have lost it in trasfer of my domain so it doesn't seems to anywhere either in old or new server. Or where should I look for memeber's list.. any idea? :rolleyes:

Thanks in adavance. Waiting for suggestions. :)

5. sur2k04

sur2k04 Member

no idea

hehehehe :D