The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filters going down in the list

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Arvand, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Arvand

Arvand Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

We have a customer who is having issues with the filters and I'm trying to identify if a behavior is normal or should it be considered a bug. -

Open cpanel
    Click User Level Filtering
    Click Manage Filters on the account I want to manage
    Click Edit on the top filter in the list. There are currently 3 filters total in the list.
    Add or change something about the filter and click Activate
    Click Go Back

"And now the filter I was editing which was filter one is now filter three and I have to move it back to the top of the list."

Should the filter be at the bottom of the list or should it be contained somewhere in the middle.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Arvixe,

If a filter is revised, it does appear to be treated as a new filter. I'm uncertain if this would be considered a bug, since I don't know if this is the default behavior from previous filter handling.

Since we do have the option to move filters up and down, which was introduced in 11.30 with case 47624, filters can be easily moved up the list.

If you believe this is a bug, please feel free to report it using http://go.cpanel.net/bugs or using that link at the top of the forum. It does make sense that existing filters should remain where they were already in the list of filters, since many users specifically sort long lists of filters to run in a specific order.

Thanks!

3. Arvand

Arvand Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I've submitted a bug report. Thanks.