The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filters: Two way communication between domains only

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by netrix37, Sep 9, 2009.

1. netrix37

netrix37 Member

I'd like to setup my domain (google.com) so that all users under that domain can only email other google.com accounts or apple.com accounts. Essentially two way communication between users under the same domain or under apple.com domain. I want all other outbound / inbound communication blocked. It would appear the filters are only applied to incoming emails so I'm wondering a) if there is another way to accomplish outbound filtering and b) how I should setup the inbound portion. I tried:

filter name: block-inbound
    From does not contain google.com
    OR
    From does not contain apple.com

but as soon as it hits the first failure it goes to the "actions" portion. My next thought was a regex but I'm not clear how to say match all domains that are not apple or google. Any suggestions?

Note: I obviously don't own those domains. They are just for illustration purposes.

2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Exim Customization

Hello,

I do apologize, however we do not support the customization of Exim. Although I do see what you are trying to do, so I have attached a link to the Exim documentation. Hopefully that will help you in your project. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Documentation for exim

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry

3. netrix37

netrix37 Member

Mr. Curry,

So are you saying this is something that can not be done with CPanels "Account Level Filtering" feature?

4. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Exim Customization

Yes that is correct. You can refer to above link for more information on customization of Exim.

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry