The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

find clients login credentials

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Josh Murray, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Josh Murray

Josh Murray Registered

Apr 14, 2016
    Glasgow, Scotland
    cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello there!

I am currently faced with a rather large problem. What I am doing is creating a dashboard for my website. This dashboard will have basically the same functionality as WHMCS; clients will be able to click a button to log into their cPanel account.

Is there a database, that I could access, that would tell or show me all of my clients credentials? So I can then create a script which will place a button on their page and allow them to log into their cPanel just from a click of a button?

Psst.. There must be a database otherwise the 'Login to cPanel' form which you are told to complete when you go to OR (2083 for cPanel & 2087 for WHM).

- 'Login to cPanel' picture (

Thank you, all help is appreciated.
    #1 Josh Murray, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The passwords are stored on the filesystem as is standard on Linux based distributions. However, we do offer a guide you can follow at:

Guide to API Authentication - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

There's also a thread here that shows an example of how it's done for email accounts in a PHP script:

php code to login to webmail

Thank you.