Find version of cPanel via backup file?

azn_romeo_4u

Jun 1, 2005
I am looking at my backup server, that has an old version of WHM on it. But the only thing I can find about it, is that it ran a version of cpanel # 11.74.0.8

How can I tell which version of WHM this is? I like to go back to this version on a fresh install.

azn_romeo_4u

Jun 1, 2005
LOL. Sorry I wasn't clear on what I meant. I can't run whm on the backup server. I only have access to the files. Is there any way I can look through the files and see which version of whm was ran based on some file in the harddrive? I did a lot of searching and found a filed under var/cpanel/version and it listed 11.74.0.8.

Is there another file like this one that lists whm version? Or is it the same thing? 11.74.0.8 is that version 62 or 70 or 60? etc.

Thank you.

rpvw

Jul 18, 2013
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Last edited:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Is there another file like this one that lists whm version? Or is it the same thing? 11.74.0.8 is that version 62 or 70 or 60? etc.
This is the version of cPanel/WHM you're running. There is no separation between the version of cPanel and the version of WHM.

Thanks!

kssuhesh

Jan 11, 2009
Kochi
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
@azn_romeo_4u are you looking for installing older version of cPanel instead of the latest available version ?

If it is the case, it is not suggested. And always suggest installing the latest version of cPanel, since keeping the control panel or any other software to the older version is not a good idea. The providers of the software are pushing the latest update to fix the bugs and vulnerabilities. So as a security view, it always goes with the latest version.