Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED find_outdated_services fails during upcp with Virtuozzo host node access

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eduardo valdez, Nov 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. eduardo valdez

eduardo valdez Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi and thank you

here is the output

Code:
    Looking for outdated services …
    STDERR: Repository 'mariadb' is missing name in configuration, using id

Cpanel::Exception::ProcessFailed/(XID kujqqd) An unknown error in the “Cpanel::Exception::ProcessFailed” package has occurred.
     at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception/CORE.pm line 336.
        Cpanel::Exception::create("ProcessFailed", ARRAY(0x2b013d0)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 46
        Cpanel::Exception::__ANON__(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ARRAY(0x2b013d0)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ProcessCheck/Outdated.pm line 252
        Cpanel::ProcessCheck::Outdated::_handle_stderr(Cpanel::SafeRun::Object=HASH(0x2646418)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ProcessCheck/Outdated.pm line 74
        Cpanel::ProcessCheck::Outdated::outdated_processes() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ProcessCheck/Outdated.pm line 173
        Cpanel::ProcessCheck::Outdated::_outdated_services_for_centos6() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ProcessCheck/Outdated.pm line 100
        Cpanel::ProcessCheck::Outdated::outdated_services() called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/find_outdated_services line 65
        scripts::find_outdated_services::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 95
        eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 90
        Try::Tiny::try(CODE(0x2aee528), Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x21bd9b8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/find_outdated_services line 74
        scripts::find_outdated_services::run(scripts::find_outdated_services=HASH(0x2193558)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/find_outdated_services line 54

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look at the affected system?

Thank you.

eduardo valdez likes this.
  3. david364

david364 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I am getting the same message. I do not use kernel care. I'm using Virtuozzo, which my hosting company (ServInt) says updates and protects the kernel. Can WHM please be fixed to stop showing this message? I do not want to restart my server on normal updates.

4. Max_LTO

Max_LTO Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I got the same error, thanks to the cpanel November update...

5. cre8gr

cre8gr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Got the same error today after cPanel tried to update:

Code:
    [2017-11-27 05:16:55 +0200] E Pre Maintenance ended, however it did not exit cleanly (256). Please check the logs for an indication of what happened
    Inside the log:

Code:
    [2017-11-27 05:12:31 +0200] E    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/find_outdated_services] The “/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/find_outdated_services” command (process 24687) reported error number 255 when it ended.
    Running /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/find_outdated_services throws the below error:

Code:
    Looking for outdated services …
    STDOUT: 1227 : /usr/sbin/saslauthd -m /var/run/saslauthd -a pam -n 2
    877 : /usr/sbin/snmpd -LS0-6d -Lf /dev/null -p /var/run/snmpd.pid
    1228 : /usr/sbin/saslauthd -m /var/run/saslauthd -a pam -n 2

STDERR: Could not open /proc/14568/smaps

Cpanel::Exception::ProcessFailed/(XID ckj7cn) An unknown error in the “Cpanel::Exception::ProcessFailed” package has occurred.
     at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception/CORE.pm line 336.
            Cpanel::Exception::create("ProcessFailed", ARRAY(0x1294660)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 46
            Cpanel::Exception::__ANON__(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ARRAY(0x1294660)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ProcessCheck/Outdated.pm line 252
            Cpanel::ProcessCheck::Outdated::_handle_stderr(Cpanel::SafeRun::Object=HASH(0x12a67a0)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ProcessCheck/Outdated.pm line 74
            Cpanel::ProcessCheck::Outdated::outdated_processes() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ProcessCheck/Outdated.pm line 173
            Cpanel::ProcessCheck::Outdated::_outdated_services_for_centos6() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ProcessCheck/Outdated.pm line 100
            Cpanel::ProcessCheck::Outdated::outdated_services() called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/find_outdated_services line 65
            scripts::find_outdated_services::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 95
            eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 90
            Try::Tiny::try(CODE(0x12812c8), Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x950528)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/find_outdated_services line 74
            scripts::find_outdated_services::run(scripts::find_outdated_services=HASH(0x926378)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/find_outdated_services line 54

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I moved these posts to a separate thread. Internal case CPANEL-16820 is open to address an issue where /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/find_outdated_services will error (resulting in upcp failures) if a Virtuozzo container is accessed via the host node (e.g. vzctl enter VEID). I'll monitor this case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available. In the meantime, the temporary workaround is to logout of the container from the host node (or ask your VPS provider to do so if you do not have access to the host node).

Thank you.

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

To update, this is fixed in cPanel version 70 and cPanel version 68.0.25:

Fixed case CPANEL-16820: Ensure outdated service checker can handle when a virtuozzo is run vzctl.

Thank you.