The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding an account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by imagic, Aug 4, 2003.

1. imagic

imagic Well-Known Member

Since it doesn't appear that the Cluster feature is going to come out in my lifetime, does anybody with numerous servers have an easy way to look up what server a particular account is on? It would be bad enough if all of our accounts were using shared IP's, but they're not, a fair number have unique IP's.

So you can't just look it up in the dns files because if it's on a unique IP, you still don't know what server it's on.

Does anyone have a script they've written to make it possible to go to one place and find out quickly and easily what server an acccount is on? If you have one, I'll even pay for it :) Just let me know.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Silverado

Silverado Well-Known Member

Use a billing manager and have it handle all your accounts. if possible. We created a spreadsheet and also made an mysql DB that stores all our accounts and their info.... sends welcome mail etc. I personally do all my by hand so I pretty much know who is where.... even with 1000+ accounts.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: