The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding IPs of Domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by linuxman, Mar 13, 2007.

1. linuxman

linuxman Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of an easy way or software to take a list of all the sites on a server and quickly ping the site and retrieve the IP address?

What I am wanting to do is compare the sites on a server and see if the clients are still hosting on that server; is the domain matching. We have purchased a small hosting firm and they did not keep up with the client site cancellations very well. We do not want to transfer accounts no longer with them when moving the clients to the new server. I also do not care to manually ping 800+ sites. So whatever the solution we would need to make sure it generated a log file we could take and compare to the .CSV list generated in CP.

Thanks in advance.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
  3. linuxman

linuxman Well-Known Member

I found it difficult to use and process, I have asked one of our on-staff programmers to whip up a quick little program for this, it completed 341 accounts in about 30, second with instant live results. Great tool. I will give it away, if interested, let me know and I will send you a link to download. I have attached a screen shot, and it has been thoroughly tested, anyone is welcome to it; just thought it was easier than the other program. Just IM me if you would like it.

Attached Files: