Firefox does not display content

mlibkind

Registered
Dec 26, 2020
USA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I'm a complete novice w.r.t. C-Panel. I had an old web hosting service from GoDaddy and was told that they would be discontinuing that service so I purchased an updated hosting service that uses C-Panel.

My website uses Zoomify to display maps. I'm sorry but I can't really explain how Zoomify works, but it does involve running a viewer and scripts.

The maps display perfectly on my desktop computer when I test them. I can zoom and pan as they are intended to. They also work perfectly with my old hosting service. But things are not so good w.r.t. the new hosting service.

With the new hosting service my maps display, pan and zoom fine with Chrome. But with Firefox the underlying "skin" displays, but the map itself is not displayed. I get a message "web page is slowing down browser." The map is never displayed.

I've done basic things like clearing cookies and cache. No improvement.

Can you give me any help? What should I be looking at?

I'm assuming that there is some reason why with C-Panel there is this Firefox problem, but not with Chrome and not with the non-C-Panel hosting that I replaced.

I'm a basic programmer and not a systems person. Please keep that in mind when you answer.

The hosting is on Linux and uses version 86.0 build 30.

Thank you in advance.

Marcus

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're seeing with cPanel. There isn't anything on our end that would cause browser compatibility, so I'd recommend ensuring all the same PHP modules and settings are installed in both machines, ensuring you have recreated the hosting environment as thoroughly as possible.

You should also consider updating the machine to the latest release, as version 92 is our latest stable release.