The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firewall Help

Discussion in 'Security' started by chris0147, Aug 28, 2015.

1. chris0147

chris0147 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thirty, I need some help with modify on my CS firewall. I have a list of some securities that I would need to check to make some changes:
    Code:
    Firewall Check
    [B]PT_ALL_USERS[/B] option check This option ensures that almost all Linux accounts are checked with Process Tracking, not just the cPanel ones
    Server Check

[B]Check for cxs[/B] You should consider using [B][U][URL='http://www.configserver.com/cp/cxs.html']cxs[/URL][/U][/B] to scan web script and ftp uploads and user accounts for exploits uploaded to the server

[B]Check for IPv6[/B] IPv6 appears to be enabled [ifconfig: [B]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/B]]. If ip6tables is installed, you should enable the csf IPv6 firewall (IPV6 in csf.conf)

SSH/Telnet Check
    [B]Check SSH[/B] on non-standard port You should consider moving SSH to a non-standard port [currently:22] to evade basic SSH port scans. Don't forget to open the port in the firewall first!

WHM Settings Check
    [B]Check nameservers[/B] Unable to resolve nameserver [ns1.xxxxxxxxxxx.net]
    [B]Check nameservers[/B] Unable to resolve nameserver [ns2.xxxxxxxxxxx.net]

Can you please advise me with what I have to do to pass each of the security check?

Thanks!!!

#1 chris0147, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator