The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firing back at Yahoo for their inconsiderate mail service

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by babakb, Apr 25, 2008.

1. babakb

babakb Well-Known Member

We've installed domainkeys, SPF, and taken all measures suggested by Yahoo but customer e-mails continue to be delayed for days at times. And then of course they end up in the recipients junk folder. Worst of all is that Yahoo does not care to take the time to help or inform ISP's. No explanations, just generic tips.

So I was wondering if there is some sort of exim or sendmail script (procmail?) we can create that will do the following:

For every e-mail sent to Yahoo, the mail server sends another one to the recipient with a notice saying something like:

Any way of implementing such a thing??

2. babakb

babakb Well-Known Member

I think the starting place for something like this would be the exim system wide filter /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter

I wonder if it's all doable using just an exim recipe. If not, then it should be doable by piping the e-mail to a custom script I suppose. Not sure how to detect when the e-mail was successfully sent so we can send the recipient a notice.. The exim filter would run once for every failed delivery attempt so we can have something in there which would add 1 to the count of failed delivery attempt (by piping to a script)...

Anyways, any ideas or tips would be appreciated.