The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First load is quiet slow

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by Gauravk, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Gauravk

Gauravk Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Recently noticed, that my first load of website is quiet slow takes upto 6 - 10 secs. Going to any inside page is fast within 2 -3 sec. Coming back to homepage from any inside page is also very fast within 3 sec.

Again if i close the browser and open again it will load slow or even if i hit refresh button on homepage it takes 10 secs. Cant understand why?

Caching is on, deflate (gzip compression is on), images, css, html are compressed too.

Any help or heads up is really appreciated.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    No real way of knowing what that might be without looking at the site itself. For example if you've got RSS feeds pulling in news from somewhere and that somewhere is on a slow server, or you're pulling images or other data in from an outside source, that would help to slow the main page of course.

If its a CMS or blog with added features enabled turn those all off and test the site again.

This isn't a cPanel issue though I don't think. You might have better luck visiting the support community for the website script you're using.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You could try this tool to check how each component on your page is loading:

Pingdom Tools

If the server itself is the issue for the initial connection, you would see the server responding slowly for that initial connection.

Inherently, tracking down page load issues would normally not be related to cPanel itself as Infopro mentions.

Thanks!