The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Time VPS User seeing tons of failure messages for various things

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by futuresteel, Nov 25, 2011.

1. futuresteel

futuresteel Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey everyone.

This is the first time I've tried setting up a virtual server and over the past couple months have been receiving tons of error messages via email such as

"
    cpanellogd failed @ Fri Nov 25 08:36:15 2011. A restart was attempted automagically.

Service Check Method: [check command]

Number of Restart Attempts: 1

Cmd Service Check Raw Output: cpanellogd is not running
    "
    another one...
    "
    cpsrvd failed @ Fri Nov 25 04:35:27 2011. A restart was attempted automagically.

Service Check Method: [tcp connect]

Failure Reason: Unable to connect to connect to 2086 on 127.0.0.1: Connection refused: connect: Connection refused ...propagated at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/TailWatch/ChkServd.pm line 454.

"
    another one...

"
    imap failed @ Fri Nov 25 00:58:20 2011. A restart was attempted automagically.

Service Check Method: [check command]

Cmd Service Check Raw Output: dovecot is not running
    "

I have a lot of website development experience but have only ever used shared hosting before so this seems way over my head. When I spoke to my server provider host papa, they said that it wouldn't be anything on their end and that he didn't think the error messages would bring down the site or anything of that nature.

Could someone please let me know if it's normal to have numerous errors and restarts. If it isn't does anyone know where I would look to try and fix these issues, or maybe direct me to a cpanel for Noobs video?

Thank you very much for any assistance you can offer.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you open up a ticket to WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature? We provide complimentary support when the services might be failing due to some issue with cPanel itself, which we would need to log into the machine to check if that's the case or not.

Please post the ticket number here upon submitting one.

Thanks!